1.1 Presentation and definition of the market
The term bedding is generally used to describe the following set of elements relating to anything to do with the equipment of a bed including: box spring, mattress, pillows, duvets and sheets. As part of the more general furniture market, this sub-segment includes, in addition to bedding for private individuals, bedding for hospitals, hotels and public administrations (prisons, barracks, etc.).
Historically dominated by the large furniture groups, this market is experiencing a rising competition with the arrival of new specialist players with innovative technologies and sales methods, particularly with "bed-in-box" products that make it possible to do away with expensive hard-cover stores.
After several years of growing at a good pace, the french bedding market had experienced two difficult years in 2017 and 2018 before finding a new lease of life in 2019. Historically volume-oriented, market leaders today must now adapt to changing demand This is because they are more demanding about the quality of their sleep and the level of comfort provided by the products. It is in this sense that the sub-segments of XXL bedding and complementary accessories continue to grow and today carry the national market. This more discerning demand is faced with prices being pushed down by increased competition, forcing market players to find new solutions.
Forecasts on coming years are nevertheless rather positive for French manufacturers of bed bases and mattresses, which are gradually moving up the range, while imports of inexpensive products continue to meet the needs of major furniture distributors. With the The growing importance of a personalised and innovative offer In addition to the new products and services offered by the ever smarter and more connected technologies
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The bedding market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages