1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The swimwear market can be divided into two main categories:
- The "technical" swimsuits used by swimmers in the pool or in a sports context;
- The "leisure" type swimsuits which are more fashionable swimsuits used for example at the beach.
In particular, swimwear is made out of nylon, polyester, and spandex primarily, where polyester is the most common material.
Globally, the swimwear market is in full growth, and is expected to continue expanding at rapid pace. Amongst the key drivers :
- More people learn how to swim ;
- Swimming as a sport is growing in popularity ;
- Expenditure on leisure activity is increasing.
In particular, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow the fastest in light of an increase of swimming activity. The global market is highly fragmented where no single player held more than 1.5% of the total market share in 2019. The largest companies included Pentland Group, Inditex, Calzedonia, and Adidas.
The United States is the largest market for swimwear in the world measured through revenue. Moreover, the market is expected to expand going forward given a wider popularity of swimming sports together with a higher percentage of people who can swim.
Additionally, trends in the US market for swimwear in 2020 include retro swimwear, one-pieces and bikinis, and neon colors. Men’s swimwear is expected to expand rapidly as males become more aware of what they are wearing.
The largest companies in the US include Diane’s Swimwear, Victoria’s Secret, Everything but Water, and Pacific Sunwear of California. The market is fragmented, and the product offering is large.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The swimwear market - France
Publicado en 19/02/2021 by PATRICK SALOMONE - SARL GPS
Complete and precise study
Hello Patrick, Thank you very much for your feedback, we are delighted if our study has perfectly met your expectations. :)