the soft drinks market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The soft drinks market includes the different types of drinks listed below. These are mainly marketed by food distribution networks (supermarkets, grocery stores, etc.) or out-of-home consumption locations (restaurants, bakeries, vending machines, etc.):
- E flavoured
- L u fruit and vegetable juices
Overall, the market is driven by various innovations (packaging and new formats in particular) and marketing efforts that help to stimulate demand in a sustainable manner, but also by general price growth over many years.
The Portuguese consume about one billion of these drinks a year . However, this consumption is declining year by year. One of the reasons put forward is the constant growth in the tax rate set by the government for beverages with a high sugar content . In this context, both new and old players need to be alert to possible changes in taxation and regulation of the sector in the coming years. Nevertheless the sub-segment of healthy eating products can be a good opportunity for players to stand out in the market and take advantage of the growing demand for these products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months