1.1 Definition and scope of study
Marble is a limestone rock in calcite form, whose surface is laminated with cracks made of natural minerals and of various colours. [ CNRTL ]. The base colour of calcite is white, but there is a wide variety of coloured marbles due to the different sedimentary structures. It is used as a decorative rock, in sculpture or for interior design.
The marble sector in France is experiencing a structural decline in its activity. This has contracted on almost all products over the past 10 years, although high value-added marble-based objects (finished products) continue to be valued for their quality. However, certain factors and customer markets are progressing smoothly in their respective activities, such as construction and construction, funerals and the plastic arts.
Foreign competition is increasing. Originally with the Italian neighbours especially, and then Spanish, new countries such as China, India, or Turkey are entering the market with much lower production costs.
Regulations and standardizations in the sector are numerous, and involve different levels of actors: from the European level concerning physical verifications of materials, to the regional level for quarry management schemes.
Our study will focus on the different aspects of the marble value chain, from the extraction and production of raw blocks, to the creation of marble objects and fittings for private individuals
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The marble market - France
Publicado en 21/04/2023 by Hmaida Belkhodja
Bonne étude, RAS