1.1. Presentation and definition of the market
Fibre optics This technology has long been mastered, particularly in the underwater telecommunications cable, is becoming the primary technology for Internet access . It allows data rates unmatched by other technologies currently on the market (ADSL, satellite), both in transmission and reception.
The installation of the optical fibre requires heavy initial investments . In order to make this technology operational for the greatest number of people, these fibre optic cables need to be deployed to every home and house that may need them. For example, the French government has established several guidelines under its france Very High Speed Internet plan The project is expected to connect the entire country to fibre by 2022.
The fibre optic market is undeniably a very fast-developing sector The number of premises eligible for fibre offers increased by 33% between 2018 and 2019 and the number of subscriptions increased by 26% . With a large market share, French manufacturers are the specialists in the production of optical fibre cables on a European scale. On the access provider side, the four major French operators have seized this opportunity and are more or less equally sharing the deployment of fibre, mainly on the last kilometres of deployment (home connections).
There are, however, some limiting factors, such as the threat of Chinese competition for the French sector, the risk of lack of production capacity for the France THD plan or technological competition linked to the advent of 5G .
In addition, fibre deployment activities have been suspended due to the health crisis and the strong growth observed since 2018 has stabilised . At the same time, telecommunication networks have had to cope with an unprecedented increase in data traffic, resulting in transmission slowdowns. As a result, demand for very high speed broadband has increased sharply, with the confinement confirming the interest of the French in this type of Internet connection.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Tailor-made report pack - France
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The fibre optic market - France
Publicado en 12/10/2021 by Camilo
Fantastic study. Concise but also specific. It covers exactly the areas, trends and outlooks that I was looking for. Would definitely buy another one