The air transport market covers the entire transport of passengers or from cargo by air. Even if most air transport is carried out by airlines operating airliners between several airports, there are several types of air carriers: the regular companies (local-regional, domestic or international carriers), the company alliances , the low-cost airlines and transport by charter charter .
In 2017 more than 170 million passengers were transported in France (20% compared to 2012) and more than 2.5 million tonnes of freight . The French market has followed the global trend of growth in air transport worldwide, which has experienced an exponential increase in recent years.
The air transport market is characterised by a significant number of actors and a significant competitive intensity, especially since the arrival of low-cost carriers in France, such as EasyJet , Transavia or RyanAir . The air transport market thus seems to be turning towards a low-cost strategy: according to a study by the British firm York Aviation , the low-cost airlines could hold up to 50% market share in Europe by 2020.
The main challenge in the air transport market appears to be the evolution of the price of fuel oil which has become the most important expense for airlines, as well as the evolution of the various services offered to consumers (meals, wifi, insurance, luggage, etc.) by focusing on increasing the value of the offer and innovation.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The air transport market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages