the swimsuit market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The swimwear market can be considered a sub-segment of the wider market for apparel and can be divided into two main categories:
- “Technical” swimwear used by swimmers or sportsmen;
- “Leisure” swimwear
In Italy, the swimwear market has recently recorded an exceptional performance, driven by a supply in continuous innovation and research. Undoubtedly, the market is characterized by a seasonal demand and a greater push from female consumers, who are responsible in part for the transformation of the swimsuit into a real fashion item.
Historically dominated by a few national brands, the image of the market today is highly fragmented, driven by growing demand in the low and high end segments, to the detriment of the middle-end. As a result, fast fashion giants are also gaining market share in the swimwear segment, while on the other hand luxury brands continue to perform well attracting a different type of clientele.
The Italian industry is therefore facing a series of challenges coming both from the progressive incidence of the online channel and from the stringent competition of an increasing number of players, in a market that is becoming highly driven by materials, designs and fashion trends.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months