the swimsuit market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
As fashionable as the latest pair of sneakers, the swimsuit has become in recent years a clothing and a fashion object in its own right . Swimsuits, tankini, monokini and bikini are the different variations that customers can find.
The swimwear market can be divided into two main categories:
- The "technical" swimsuits "used by swimmers or pool sportsmen and women;
- Recreational swimsuits, modern and summery, to swim in the sea and on the beach.
Men and women consume differently from bathing suits, 75% of the world market being women's swimwear. [ Kantar Worldpanel ] The latest market trends are UV-resistant swimwear, quick-drying swimwear and stretch swimwear. There are also ecological trends in the consumption of beachwear. In addition, a new outfit made by a Portuguese brand that doesn't leave a suntan mark is successful at home and abroad.
Surrounded by the sea and beaches, Portugal has great potential in this market. Once dominated by international brands, mainly Brazilian, Portuguese products are now gaining ground.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months