1.1 Definition and scope of study
Solar panels are designed to recover energy from the sun's rays and transform it into either electricity or heat. There are two types of solar panel: photovoltaic panels, which generate electricity, and thermal panels, which produce heat.
The solar panel market is booming. Although still a minority energy source, solar power has been growing steadily in France since 2010: installed capacity officially exceeded 10 GW at the start of 2020, and should reach 40 GW by 2028 according to national targets. With sustainable development at the heart of today's concerns, solar power is one of the renewable energies of the future. As such, investment in new photovoltaic installations is substantial.
The sector is greatly boosted by the special role played by the French government, which intervenes in this market through subsidies, tax breaks and buy-back obligations for the photovoltaic electricity produced. Despite the arrival of new French and European start-ups, whose offerings reflect the trend towards hybrid and digital technologies, the French sector (and the European sector in general) is still in a state of flux.despite the entry of new French and European start-ups, whose offerings reflect trends in hybrid and digital technologies, the French (and more broadly the European) solar panel sector is heavily dependent on Chinese supply, where competition has intensified in recent years.
Finally, the effects of the current health crisis will be of interest in the long term. While the crisis has led to a slowdown in the market in 2020-2021, it has also helped to reinforce French interest in sustainable development and alternative energies.velopment and alternative energies, and demonstrated the resilience of solar installations in the face of collapsing electricity prices.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 14/11/2022 by BS Conseil - BS Conseil
Merci pour votre retour :)
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 26/09/2022 by Matthieu Boussard - Stryber
Etude parfaite pour une vue d'ensemble du marché avec un très bon rapport qualité-prix.
Merci beaucoup Matthieu pour votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes!