A wind turbine is a device that transforms the kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy, thanks to the movement of a turbine: it is necessary to distinguish onshore wind power and offshore wind energy (at sea). The wind turbine manufacturing market therefore includes the main manufacturers involved in the design, construction and installation of wind turbines.
The wind power market should be multiplied by more than 4 by 2030 thanks to strong Asian demand, and global installed capacity will reach 1,107 gigawatts (GW) in 2030 compared to 273 GW in 2012. The 2020 objective set by the government in France is set at 19,000 MW of capacity installed in onshore wind power and 6,000 at sea ( offshore wind turbine ), i.e. a total installed base of more than 25,000 MW in France. France is now ranked in the 4th in Europe in the sector, behind Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom. In France, wind energy accounts for more than 5% of French electricity consumption each year and the sector is in full consolidation and creates jobs.
The market for the manufacture of wind turbines is dominated by some leading manufacturers, leaving little room for new entrants. The market leaders among turbine manufacturers are Vestas, General Electric, Siemens or Gamesa. Other players are trying to penetrate the market, seeing wind power as a growth driver for their company, such as energy companies like Engie
The exponential development of wind energy, particularly offshore, is a tremendous growth driver for the wind turbine manufacturers' market. The development of offshore wind energy however, requires specific know-how and skills. Even if it only represents 5% of the market today The offshore wind energy sector is a growth driver (double-digit growth since 2015) but this implies new technological challenges for component suppliers.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The wind power market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages