1.1 Definition and scope of study
Incubators and accelerators are often used synonymously, and although the ultimate goal is to help start-ups grow and attract capital, the two terms differ in their definition.
In order to facilitate and support start-ups, there are two main types of devices, public or private:
· Incubators come into play before creation and during the early stages of the company's life, accompanying project leaders to enable them to turn their idea into a structured and profitable business. The incubation period generally varies from 12 to 24 months. Incubators often offer well-equipped premises, professional support, and sometimes financial support.
· Accelerators are often private and intervene at a more advanced stage of the business and in a shorter, more intensive period (3 to 4 months). Their aim is to accelerate the growth of the newly established company.
There are different types of incubators:
· Public and university incubators: Business Innovation Centres and University Business Incubators
· Private Business Incubators: Independent Private Incubators and Corporate Private Incubators
Both accelerators and incubators are considered key players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem as they are crucial for the development of innovative projects and start-ups.
Globally, the market for accelerators and incubators is definitely growing.
In Italy, the incubator market is growing due to the proliferation of innovative start-ups and the increasing number of young people ready to get involved with their own projects.
It is estimated that the number of incubators in Italy in 2020 will exceed 200 units. 60% are located in the north of Italy, especially in Lombardy, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna.
The main players in the Italian market are: D-Pixel, Make a Cube, Impact Hub Milano, Boost Heroes, etc.
A trend to be taken into account is the increasing presence of online (instead of physical) incubators. The advantages of online incubators are: greater flexibility and accessibility, time savings, higher quality mentors, reduced costs, access to a larger network of investors.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver