1.1 Definition and presentation
Eggs are a food product produced from poultry that is used as both an ingredient and a main dish for baked foods.
The global market was dominated by Asia Pacific (56% market share) in 2018. The second largest market is South America (13% market share). [prnewswire]. In the UK, 13 billion eggs were consumed in 2019. The UK market is self-sufficient, providing around 89% of eggs consumed. Sales volumes have been increasing, albeit at a moderate pace.[egginfo]
Noble Free, Fairburn, and Bowler Eggs are amongst the most significant suppliers of eggs in the UK.
Egg production is shifting towards more animal-friendly and organic processes in light of increased consumer demand for these measures. Moreover, continued technological innovation permits larger scale production, which most likely will drive revenues in the future.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages