1.1 Definition and presentation
Eggs are a food product produced from poultry that is used as both an ingredient and a main dish for baked foods.
The global market was dominated by Asia Pacific (56% market share) in 2018. The second largest market is South America (13% market share). [prnewswire] In the US, per capita egg consumption has increase over the last 20 years. However, this does not necessarily mean that more eggs are in demand, but rather that the production of egg has increased. Iowa is the state in the US which produces the largest quantity of eggs, followed by Ohio and Indiana. [unitedegg]
Market players include Cal-Maine Foods, Protena Animal, Rose Acre Farms Inc., Charoen Pokphand Group, and ISE Foods Inc.
Egg production is shifting towards more animal-friendly and organic processes in light of increased consumer demand for these measures. Moreover, continued technological innovation permits larger scale production, which most likely will drive revenues in the future.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages