1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Contraception refers to all the methods used by men or women in order to make sexual intercourse infertile .
While the contraceptive pill remains the primary contraceptive method in France, there are many other means of contraception, of local or general action and of varying effectiveness and constraints :
- Locally acting methods (avoids pregnancy at the time of intercourse): male or female condom, spermicide, diaphragm, cervical cap
- Hormonal methods hormonally active substances of the estrogen or progestin type (pill, implant, injection, vaginal ring, patch, hormonal intrauterine device)
- Surgical methods definitive methods by laparoscopic or hysteroscopic route in women and by scrotal route in men.
- Natural Methods Methods that do not use external elements to regulate fertility (observation of the woman's menstrual cycle, Ogino method, calendar method, withdrawal method, etc.).
- Male Methods Thermal male contraception method by artificial cryptorchidism, the male pill
- After a report emergency contraception (morning-after pill, two-day pill and copper intrauterine device).
The global contraceptive market was worth 22.49 billion in 2019 The number of employees is expected to increase by 23.3% in 5 years, compared to 2014. This turnover is expected to grow at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 5.5% between 2019 and 2027. This upward trend in sales is mainly due to demographic growth, rising standards of development and living standards, the generalisation of studies and the increasing place of women in the labour market, which is accompanied by a mutiplication of maternity deferrals
The french market of contraception is also progressing. This growth is mainly driven by the growing awareness of the French population to contraceptive methods and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), the player investments of the sector to develop innovative products and government initiatives supporting improved access to contraception and information on contraceptive solutions and Family Planning.
In France, the pill is still the first method used despite the "pill crisis" at the end of 2012. The intrauterine system (IUD or IUD) and the condom are used by respectively 25% and 16% french women.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The contraceptive market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Insulin Pump Market - France
A very precise and detailed study of this market, driven by the strong growth of this disease in the world
Hello Amaury, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content of the study has fully met your expectations. :)
The dental implant market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Denis Monnoyeur
The study highlights three trends: the dynamism of the market, the concentration of players and the practice of high prices.
Hello Denis, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted to see that you appreciate our studies and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
The Parapharmacy Market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Clear and concise generic study. Well documented. However, I would have liked to see that the actors' files at the end of the report corresponded precisely to those stated in the report.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on our study. We are planning to update it taking into account your remarks, we will keep you informed as soon as it is available.