1.1 Definition and scope of study
Contraception refers to all methods used by men or women to make sexual intercourse sterile.
While the contraceptive pill remains the main method of contraception, there are many other means of contraception of local or general action and varying effectiveness and constraints:
· Local action methods (avoid pregnancy at the time of intercourse): male or female condom, spermicide, diaphragm, cervical cap
· Hormonal methods: hormonally active substances of the estrogen or progestin type (pill, implant, injection, vaginal ring, patch, hormonal intrauterine device)
· Surgical methods: definitive methods by laparoscopic or hysteroscopic means in women and by scrotal means in men.
· Natural methods: methods that do not use external elements to regulate fertility (observation of the woman's menstrual cycle, Ogino method, calendar method, abstinence method, etc.).
· Male methods: method of male thermal contraception using artificial cryptorchidism, the male pill
· After intercourse emergency contraception (morning-after pill, two-day pill and copper intrauterine device).
Globally, the contraceptives market size was $22.49 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $30.15 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period.
In Italy, the contraceptive market is also considered to be growing even though Italy was still ranked last in Europe for contraceptive use in 2019.
It is estimated that in Italy hormonal contraception is used by about 13.6-20.9% of the population, a rather low figure when compared to other European countries (for example, to use this method in the Netherlands is about 51.9% of the population while the European average is around 21.4%).
According to a study conducted by ISTAT, the preferred methods of contraception for Italians are: the condom (42.4%), followed by the pill (24.3%) and, thirdly, coitus interruptus (17.5%), an almost totally ineffective method that allows us to understand the misinformation about contraceptive methods among many Italians.
The region in which the contraceptive pill is most widely used is Sardinia.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Insulin Pump Market - France
Publicado en 11/01/2022 by Amaury Wernert
A very precise and detailed study of this market, driven by the strong growth of this disease in the world
Hello Amaury, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content of the study has fully met your expectations. :)
The dental implant market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Denis Monnoyeur
The study highlights three trends: the dynamism of the market, the concentration of players and the practice of high prices.
Hello Denis, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted to see that you appreciate our studies and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
The Parapharmacy Market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Clear and concise generic study. Well documented. However, I would have liked to see that the actors' files at the end of the report corresponded precisely to those stated in the report.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on our study. We are planning to update it taking into account your remarks, we will keep you informed as soon as it is available.