1.1 Presentation and definition of the lock market
The first draft locks appeared in ancient Egypt more than 3000 years ago, then among the Romans with metal locks, but the first "modern" locks appeared during the reign of Louis XVI also called the king of blacksmiths. He promoted this art, especially in Picardy and more specifically in Vimeu with modern locks similar to those we know today.
This study will focus on two distinct activities:
- Manufacturers of locks and hardware;
- Carpentry work (armoring of external doors, assembly of fire doors, etc. ....).
The global market for access control is developing, driven by the growth of new technologies and wireless security systems. The US market, a leading manufacturer of metal locks and hinges, is growing and is expected to remain so for many years to come.
In France, the lock and fittings manufacturing activities grew slightly in 2018. Spain is the first customer country of French lock manufacturers, followed by Germany and Belgium. Imports into the French market come mainly from Germany, China and Italy. Locksmith services activities also posted weak growth in 2018.
Industry depends to a large extent on various factors, including the market for new buildings, doors and windows and the feeling of insecurity. In addition, the digital revolution is expected to have a significant impact on the market, driven by different needs in terms of both supply and demand.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Mise à jour moins d'un an garantie - France
Si votre étude n'a pas été mise à jour dans les 12 derniers mois, elle sera automatiquement ajoutée à notre liste prioritaire de mise à jour suite à votre commande.
Une fois votre paiement validé, vous recevrez la version actuelle ainsi que la mise à jour dans les 20 jours ouvrés.
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.