1.1 Definition and presentation
The first draft locks appeared in ancient Egypt more than 3000 years ago, then among the Romans with metal locks, but the first "modern" locks appeared during the reign of Louis XVI also called the king of blacksmiths. He promoted this art, especially in Picardy and more specifically in Vimeu with modern locks similar to those we know today.
This study will focus on two distinct activities:
- Manufacturers of locks and hardware;
- Carpentry work (armoring of external doors, assembly of fire doors, etc. ....).
The global market for access control is developing, driven by the growth of new technologies and wireless security systems. The US market, a leading manufacturer of metal locks and hinges, is growing and is expected to remain so for many years to come. In Italy, the lock market is responsible for a considerable turnover thanks to high production, a promising part of which is exported abroad. Recently there has been a positive trend in the value of the production of locks and hardware in Italy, data that feed future growth projections. Industry depends to a large extent on various factors, including the market for new buildings, doors and windows and the feeling of insecurity. In addition, the digital revolution is expected to have a significant impact on the market, driven by different needs in terms of both supply and demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages