1.1 Definition and scope of study
A roof is a covering of a building, consisting of sloping surfaces (pitches or slopes) resting on the load-bearing structures of the building and arranged to ensure the outflow of rainwater to the collection points of the gutter.
The main function of a roof is to divide the interior space of the building from the exterior space to protect the interior from the weather.
Roof types can be classified with respect to these characteristics:
1. continuity or discontinuity of the watertight layer
2. thermohygrometric behavior (insulation and ventilation)
3. degree of accessibility (accessible only for maintenance or "livable")
4. percentage of slope
The global roofing market size was valued at $92,942.3 million in 2019, and is expected to reach $132,775.6 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.6% from 2020 to 2027.
Overall, according to Fivra surveys, the total stock of roofing in Italy is quantifiable at 2.2 billion square meters, of which about 1.5 billion square meters is residential roofing and another 700 million square meters is non-residential.
After years of growth, the roofing industry came to a halt with the advent of the pandemic and restrictions that halted all non-dispensable activity for a few months. Despite this, the industry is expected to bounce back in short order, driven by the increase in housing, Superbonus incentives and the National Recovery and Resilience Plan put in place by the Italian government.
One of the latest trends in this market involves green roofs. The green roof is a vegetal covering of buildings, which replaces the common roofs made with tiles or waterproofing screeds. In order for this vegetal structure to remain in place, these roofs must include a series of systems that allow them to function properly. This new trend will continue to grow thanks to the government's new Green Bonus. Major international players include Owens Corning, Brass Monier Building Group, Etex, Saint-Gobain, Wienerberger AG, Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. and Atlas Roofing Corporation, Duro-Last, Inc. and Carlisle.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The roofing market - France
Publicado en 07/02/2022 by Tuka - Tuka
Very useful for us