1.1 Presentation and market
Glass, a transparent and fragile material, is produced by melting a special sand, silica, formed by microscopic quartz crystals. Glass is produced in two forms: hollow glass and flat glass.
The family of flat glass corresponds to glass produced in the form of sheets. Flat glass is mainly used for the production of of the windows and mirrors s, including for the automotive and construction sector . The flat glass market refers to all activities related to the production, processing and installation of flat glass.
The most common production process is float glass, which consists of introducing liquid glass into a liquid metal bath (commonly tin) in which the glass floats, and allowing it to cool.
In Italy, flat glass is used in a variety of applications, including glass, glass doors, transparent walls, windscreens, and furniture. In modern buildings, it is common for entire facades to be made of glass. Glass surfaces are used in cars and buses, sometimes curved or meeting specific strength criteria.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.