1.1 Definition and scope of study
A smartphone is a phone that combines the functions of a mobile phone and a laptop on a device. Smartphone accessories include the range of products that are complementary and compatible with your smartphone with aesthetics, protection, efficiency, performance enhancement or additional functions.
Among these accessories, some of the most common are :
- Covers and protections
- Tripods, holders (car, bike), hands-free kits
- Headphones, headsets, watches
The segment of accessories for smartphone charging is the subject of a specific study by Businesscoot.
Within this market, it is necessary to clearly define the headset sub-sector, which due to its added value constitutes an important segment of the smartphone accessories sector. Audio headsets are electronic devices that allow listening to a variety of sound content.
In the wake of the iPhone frenzy, other manufacturers like Samsung or Sony are developing increasingly demanding ranges of accessories, with a growing trend towards customisation and design.
According to the 30th Annual Survey of IT Management and Use in Companies, there are more than 230 million active cell phones in Brazil today, with an increase of 10 million in the number of active smartphones compared to 2018. With the increase in the purchasing power of the Brazilian population, added to the lower cycle of devices renewal, the perspectives for the accessories market are more and more positive. This is because the sale of smartphones is highly correlated with that of their accessories. [Fundação Getúlio Vargas]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages