1.1 Definition and presentation
The luggage market includes all travel items and accessories. A number of criteria can be used to segment the market into several categories, among the most used:
- By size
- By price
- By type
Worldwide, the top five markets in terms of market value continue to show positive developments, and the sector remains strongly correlated to purchasing motivations, mainly for leisure or business trips.
In Italy, the luggage manufacturing industry continues to be dominated by the luxury segment, with exports growing strongly.
The increase in national travel and the growing tourism in Italy are variables that are expected to positively influence the future trends of the luggage market. The progressive transformation of travel, both for business and pleasure, due to demographic and social changes, is able to impact the preferences of consumers and consequently the final choice of purchase. The industry is therefore experiencing a period of strong innovation, dictated on the one hand by the growing incidence of low-cost airlines - and their respective "luggage policies" - and on the other hand by the search for more comfortable and versatile models by consumers.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages