1.1 Definition and presentation
The condom is a means of mechanical contraception as well as a means of protection against sexually transmitted infections. It offers products both for males and females and it is manufactured either in latex, which is the sap of the rubber tree, or in polyurethane obtained from petroleum derivatives.
The global condom market is in full growth and is expected to remain so in the coming years. But this dynamism highly depends on regions, where developing nations are leading demand growth. Several factors contribute to this trend; governments are raising initiatives and increasing investment in condom provision, advertisement is becoming more efficient through social media, and the supply of products is innovative.
The US market is projected to demonstrate strong growth in light of increased reluctance to use contraceptive pills. Essentially, condoms will come to cannibalize on contraceptive pill sales as the public becomes aware of its potentially harmful side effects. Moreover, the increased advertisement of condoms to increase awareness will also fuel growth. [TSR]
The main market players in the US include Trojan Condoms and Life Styles, and Church & Dwight Co.
Trends in the sector includes more complex product offerings designed to stimulate the sexual experience, in addition to fulfilling its health and hygiene role. Innovation plays a key role, as does the development of an ever-increasing supply upscale. For example, there are ribbed condoms, micro beaded, with heating effects, or giving the feeling of not being worn etc. Moreover, Forbes emphasizes the rise of luxury condoms.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The condom market - Italy
Publicado en 21/11/2022 by Silvia Checchi - Pietrasanta Pharma spa
Rapport suffisamment complet mais peu approfondi
The condom market - Spain
This is just what I needed! To have an overveiw about the condom market in Spain. To know competitors, single prices and volume! Personal note: Since i had problems logging in, Mr Monnoyeur helped me a lot to buy the study. Grateful!