1.1 Definition and presentation
The term "bodywork" refers to the outer part of a motor vehicle whatever it may be such as a car, motorcycle, or truck. Since the bodywork is built on top of the chassis it is also called the fairing. The main function of the bodywork is to isolate the outside environment from the inside of the car so that it can protect certain parts from the outside air and temperature. Examples of bodywork are, for example, the window, windshield, and rear window.
The size of the global auto body repair market was $185.98 billion in 2020. It is projected to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1 % from 2021 to 2028. The market during the pandemic period suffered large losses due to declining car sales and forced closures of production plants.
In Italy, the auto body and auto parts market has performed positively since 2014. However, this growth was halted by the pandemic. As for the car parts market in the year 2021, there was a double-digit increase of 42.2 % over the previous year. According to data released by UNRAE (Unione Nazionale Rappresentati Autoveicoli Esteri), the most popular spare parts for Italians are those of the Fiat Panda car, the market leader with an average of more than 138,000 units sold per year. After the Fiat Panda, the best-selling cars and consequently those with high demand for body parts are the Lancia Ypsilon, Renault Clio, and Citroen C3.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.