1.1 Definition and Presentation
Asset management refers to the set of activities revolving around the investment of funds on behalf of customers in portfolios containing different types of assets (e.g. financial, real estate, land, art) with the aim of optimizing the return while limiting risk. The typical products offered by asset management consulting firms are savings, life insurance and investment products (equity, bond, currency and commodity portfolios).
In this context, asset management is structured around 3 main activities:
- The creation of a balance sheet: professional, economic and familiar situations;
- The implementation of an investment project: risk aversion, objectives in terms of return, etc. ...;
- The management and investment of capital: according to predefined criteria of profitability, risk, transmission, financial flows, etc....
Asset management is often in the hands of large banking groups, mainly retail banks (Société Générale, BNP, etc.) or investment banks (Rothschild, Lazard, etc.), or insurance groups. Independent consulting firms, which were already present in the past, have recently experienced strong growth thanks to digital technologies, in particular thanks to the arrival on the market of "Robo -advisors". Italian individuals are increasingly oriented towards safe, transparent and efficient asset management, parameters to keep in mind in a context that is progressively more competitive on the supply side.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages