The organized tour (or tourist package) refers to all the services offered by tour operators (or tour operators) when selling trips of more than 24 hours. The tour package is, according to European regulations, a travel for more than 24 hours sold according to a all-inclusive package and covering at least two services among the services of transport, accommodation, excursions, meals and other activities. The tour package can thus cover the following different services:
- The auto-tour (accommodation and vehicle);
- The "fly and drive" (plane and hotel);
- Tours and stays "all inclusive";
- Cruises ;
- Hotels and holiday rentals;
- Tailor-made or thematic trips.
Traditionally carried by the tour operators and travel agencies in physics, the industry has been overwhelmed by the emergence of digital players bringing together all offers on the same platform, such as Booking . com or Lastminute . com in France. Another one disruptive factor on the market has been the growth of private sales platforms and discount sales offering special promotional offers to the most responsive customer visitors, which is in great competition with traditional market players.
The consumer trends of travel in France are in the midst of upheaval, especially among young people who prefer more "à la carte" travel options, by planning each stage of the trip from day to day, which is not appropriate for the business model of the organized trip. The tour package model therefore corresponds more closely to the older populations which encourages the organized trip to France to renew oneself and reorganize both in terms of supply and market structure.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The tour package market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages