1.1 Definition and presentation
Real Estate Agencies are intermediaries in the housing market which facilitate the reconciliation between supply and demand. Real estate agents oversee negotiations between sellers and buyers or owners and tenants with the primary goal of erasing asymmetry and enable market equilibrium.
Real estate agencies act for two types of clients:
- Residential customers: the majority of real estate agencies are dedicated to individuals looking to buy or rent houses, land or garages in urban and rural areas.
- Commercial customers: a minority (less than 10%) of real estate agents are focused on the search and match of commercial real estate - offices, industrial land, factories and warehouses or shops.
In 2018, Asia Pacific accounted for 54% of the global market. North America was the second largest region accounting for 23%. Revenues for Real Estate Agencies, or Realtors, come from fees, which hoover around 6% in the US. [WashingtonPost] This fee is highly dependent on real estate transactions; the US Government reports that since 2015 transactions have been declining.
The US market is highly fragmented; the role of independent real estate agents is gradually decreasing in favor of franchises, which are better distributed and more visible. Moreover, margins are under constant pressure; online property companies charge a fee for Real Estate Agents to list their properties online.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (usa) - United States
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.