1.1 Definition and scope of study
Real estate agencies are intermediaries that facilitate the reconciliation of supply and demand in order to allow market balance within the housing industry. Real estate brokers supervise negotiations between sellers and buyers or owners and tenants.
Real estate agencies work for two types of clients :
- Residential clients: most real estate agencies are dedicated to individuals looking to buy or rent houses, plots or garages in urban and rural areas
- Commercial clients: a minority (less than 10%) of real estate brokers are focused on finding commercial real estate - offices, industrial land, factories and warehouses or shops
In a highly competitive market, the role of independent real estate agents is gradually diminishing in favor of franchises, who are more widely present and more visible. Competition from Internet tools, and in particular from online platforms, has weighed on the demand for property, although the proportion of property sales between individuals has remained stable.
In 2019, the Brazilian real estate sector was one of the few to surpass expectations. The civil construction sector recorded a growth of 2% (equivalent to twice the forecast growth of total GDP). Although it does not seem to be a significant figure, it is necessary to look at the context and evaluate that the segment did not grow for 6 consecutive years, and is today 30% below the maximum level seen in early 2014. The biggest driver for this market was (and is being), the basic interest rate that has already beat the historic low by reducing the cost of real estate credit, accompanied by the increase in public investment in real estate financing and the online sales boom.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) BR - Brazil
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Brazilian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
Tailor-made report pack (br) - Brazil
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.