1.1 Scope of the study
The stroller is a means of transportation for young children, usually under four years old. Invented in 1733, the stroller consists of a steel or aluminum frame with wheels and a handle or steering system that allows the stroller to be moved forward and steered.
The market for strollers is part of the general market for baby products and accessories, more specifically the market for large child care, which includes car seats, strollers and high chairs, among others.
Depending on their characteristics, there are different types of strollers. The main ones are the following:
- The stick stroller
- The combi stroller
- The three-wheeled (or all-terrain) stroller
- The multiple stroller
- In addition, the stroller market is divided into several categories of players: raw material suppliers, manufacturers and distributors.
Because it is a product for young children, the manufacture and sale of strollers are strictly regulated. These regulations change with the innovations that appear on the market: In addition to traditional products, there is now a wide range of more modern, compact strollers that offer functions beyond traditional use (e.g., cell phone charging).
On the one hand, demand is related to the birth rate, which has been declining for several years, but this has been accompanied by an increase in the average budget per baby. On the other hand, consumers are gradually and noticeably turning to second-hand products.
In Germany, the market experienced a slump in sales due to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, the industry was able to quickly recover from this and generate 15% more sales in 2021 than in the first half of 2020 [Deutsche Wirtschaftsnachrichten].
The following market study deals with current trends and typology of consumers, as well as a competitive analysis and an analysis of the market structure. Insightful information can be gained from the analysis.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) DE - Germany
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our German catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
Tailor-made report pack (de) - Germany
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The men's razor market - France
Publicado en 10/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Interesting study to understand a market in regular decline. Change in human behavior well measured and analyzed. A rare example of a leader who after a strategy of regular price increase is forced to change his strategy and lower his prices. Very innovative analysis of the traffic of the main manufacturers' websites
Hello Grégoire, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted to see that you appreciate our studies and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
The essential oils market - France
Publicado en 09/01/2022 by Lorraine Ferry
Very complete study which shows in particular that the development of the consumption of essential oils accompanies the wave of the soft medicine and the do it yourself which seduces the consumers in more and more fields
Hello Lorraine, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted to see that you appreciate our studies and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
The make-up market - France
Publicado en 05/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Very complete study on production, distribution and consumption. It underlines the importance of e-commerce and organic products in this sector.
Hello Gregoire, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.