the luxury household linen market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The Linen of house refers to all fabrics for domestic use. They can be segmented into six product types:
- Bed linen;
- Bedding items
- Bathroom linen;
- Table linen;
- Kitchen linen
- Textile decoration.
The high-end bed linen market is likely to see an increase in growth as consumers become more conscious of their sleeping habits. Key drivers in the global market for high-end linens include increasing consumer spending on interior design together with innovation in fabrics, such as Egyptian cotton and silk. The UK experienced the strongest growth in Europe between 2007 to 2016 with a CAGR of 3.5%.
Once reserved for specialized shops, the distribution of household linen such as bathroom linen and table linen are now multi-channel. While mass retail chains offering their own brands have made significant progress (30% of sales), distance selling (30%) remains high thanks to the expansion of e-commerce. Players in the UK market include Linen Fabric, John England, and Linen & Moore.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months