the dating market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
A dating site is an online site designed to allow people to meet new people, usually for the purpose of establishing a a romantic or non-romantic relationship .
Today there are several variants of online dating sites, depending on the customs and traditions of the territory in which they develop. The functioning and purpose of dating sites vary considerably from one country to another. However, registration remains the same with the obligation to create a profile, where personal and private information is added, often serving of ways to start a meeting . Most services offer digital messaging, while others offer additional services such as webcasting, online chat, telephone chat (VOIP) and forums.
It is possible to find some interesting statistics. According to Lovino (site aggregator), Portugal has a majority of male users (53%), which is in line with the global trend. In addition, more than half of users (81.3%) use smartphones to access platforms . It is not surprising that the younger population is making greater use of this type of approach; 56% of users are under 34 years of age, and only 13.8% are over 50 years of age. Finally, another interesting detail is the fact that 77.7% of users say they do not prefer paid versions of the applications despite the many advantages they offer.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months