the beauty salon market
1.1 Definition and presentation
A beauty salon is defined as a business offering to its customers aesthetic treatments other than medical and paramedical as well as aesthetic massages without medical purpose.
Beauty salons are operators who perform beauty treatments including body care, facial care, beauty treatment, hair removal and other more specific treatments (UV tanning, pulsed light). They can be generalists or specialized in a treatment.
They are competing with fitness and thalassotherapy institutes, SPAs and massage salons.
The US Beauty Salon market’s annual growth from 2015 to 2020 was 1.2%. The market is highly fragmented, with a consumer base concentrated in the Northeast and Midwest. The Beauty Salon workforce consisted of around 721,000 people in 2018. Hairdressers makes up around 75% of this number. [datausa]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months