1.1 Definition and general presentation of the market
Trailers can be defined as any kind of unpowered vehicles which are attached to and towed by powered vehicles . They have been used around the world since the invention of the wheel in the 4 th millennium BC for the transportation of goods, materials, animals and human beings The Curt Manufacturing website provides a further understanding of what trailers are.
As described by Evan Transportation , a first distinction must be made between the trailer and the semi-trailer, which are differentiated by the hitch mode. Trailers are attached to the towing vehicle via a towing hook, while semi-trailers are connected to the towing vehicle via a harness on which rests a large part of the weight of the semitrailer
Therefore, the towing vehicle for a trailer can be light vehicles such as cars, minivans, SUV's or pickup trucks, and can be used for non-commercial, personal utility duties. On the other hand, semis require to be towed by vehicles that are large and strong enough to support their full weight, such as trucks, and are privileged means of good transportation for commercial uses.
The aim of this study is to give a report on the current state of the American trailer market and will primarily focus on private uses.
The trailer industry is historically and culturally strongly linked to America , hence the developed network of manufacturers and dealers of all scales that can be found in the USA today.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (usa) - United States
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The market for automatic cash registers - France
Interesting estimate of a fast-growing market mainly centered on mass retailing and specialized distribution, whose development is however slowed down by social problems linked to the disappearance of cashiers. Consumer behavior in front of these automatic checkouts and product typology well analyzed
Hello Malcolm, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted that you are enjoying our studies and we thank you for your trust in us.
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.
The Glass Fiber Market - France
Publicado en 11/02/2021 by Marc-Henri Mignon - Insights & Synergies Conseils
An interesting price-quality ratio to enter a new market
Hello Marc-Henri, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.