1.1 Definition and scope of study
Medical gases are primarily used in hospitals. Their purpose is to treat, relieve pain, anesthetize and improve respiratory functions. They have always been used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, but only recently have they been considered real medicines. The most known medical gases are: oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, acetylene, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydro/chloro/fluorocarbons.
It is possible to classify these products into three categories:
· Medicinal gases that act as drugs (Oxygen (O 2 ), nitrous oxide (N 2 O), nitric oxide, etc.).
· Gases for medical devices (CO2, N2O, etc.);
· Non-state gases.
Globally, the medical gases market is considered to be growing. It is projected to reach a value of $5.7 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.6%.
This growth is also due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic, which has increased the demand for this type of medication to treat patients.
The medical gas market in Italy has also grown exponentially due to the recent health emergency. During the pandemic, the most requested gas was oxygen and it is estimated that in the areas most affected by Covid-19, the demand for this aeriform has increased up to 5 times.
The main Italian player in this market is the listed company Solgroup.
One of the critical issues in this market is not so much finding the raw material but rather the supply of packaging to contain them, which are often delivered late or require special treatments to be used. Also the operators who work with these materials must use specific protection devices that can be difficult to find especially in this historical moment.
From the above data it can be seen that this market is growing but can be difficult to penetrate as there are well established competitors and it can be very difficult to find the right raw materials and packaging if one is not an expert in the field.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (IT) - Italy
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Insulin Pump Market - France
A very precise and detailed study of this market, driven by the strong growth of this disease in the world
Hello Amaury, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content of the study has fully met your expectations. :)
The Parapharmacy Market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Clear and concise generic study. Well documented. However, I would have liked to see that the actors' files at the end of the report corresponded precisely to those stated in the report.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on our study. We are planning to update it taking into account your remarks, we will keep you informed as soon as it is available.