1.1 Definition and scope of study
The market for lamps and luminaires is a sub-segment of the wider lighting market and consists of :
- Lamps: a lighting device consisting of a transparent or translucent housing, containing a light body
- Luminaires : any lighting device used to distribute, refine or transform light from lamps
As far as luminaires are concerned, they can be of various types, such as wall lights, spotlights, chandeliers, bedside lamps... but many other types exist.
There are different types of lamps, the main ones being incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, halogen lamps and LEDs. Due to their respective consumption and the regulatory framework, the market is now mainly evolving towards a massive use of LEDs.
The Brazilian market has more than 600 companies in activity, representing a significant part of the economy, as it generates more than 37 thousand jobs. In this segment, revenues are distributed in 61% for luminaries, 28% for lamps and 11% for reactors. The vast majority of industries are concentrated in Greater São Paulo, representing 58% of the total. 25% are in Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Rio de Janeiro, Paraná, Minas Gerais, Bahia and Pernambuco. The remaining 17% are in the interior of the State of São Paulo. According to Lumière Eletric magazine, a growth of 10% per year is expected only for the LED lighting market, until 2022.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages