1.1 Definition and scope of study
The home decoration market consists of various accessories and items used to furnish and decorate a home.
The decoration market can be considered as follows :
- Domestic and textile decorative objects (such as curtains, cushions, tablecloths, fabrics)
- Small furniture items (such as lamps, coffee tables, bedside tables)
- Large furniture items (such as beds, benches, sofas)
The global market is growing and is expected to continue to grow in coming years. Growth is fueled in particular by the increasing rate of urbanization and global growth driven by developing countries. New global trends today are based on the use of sustainable materials and solutions, valued for energy efficiency and less aggressive solutions to the environment.
In Brazil, the profession is still considered recent and is on the rise. Today the estimate is that there are more than 15 thousand designers working in this area. However, the largest number of vacancies is related to large and medium-sized companies involved in projects for corporate spaces such as offices, meeting rooms or even entire floors and buildings.
The market for interior design professionals follows the growth of the real estate market. The year of 2019 was certainly better than the previous 5 years for said market, with a growth of 2% (twice the country's GDP), showing an improving trend. The real estate market panorama shows a tendency to become even more optimistic with the injection of real estate credit through the Brazilian Savings and Loan System (SBPE), due to the fall in interest rates and the stability of construction costs, in addition to the increase in sales with new developments. All this shows a resumption of investment in civil construction and the real estate market, which should also serve as a boost for players in the interior design market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The interior design market - France
Publicado en 07/03/2022 by Olivier RICARD - Cosmmy
"Structured study with good macro and micro data. Also gives good focus and thinking to address the market and its segments Also opens up interesting avenues and sources to go further depending on one's needs."