the interior design market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The interior decoration market consists of various accessories and items used to furnish and decorate a home.
The interior decoration market can be considered as follows:
- Decorative objects and textiles (such as curtains, cushions, tablecloths, fabrics)
- Small furniture (such as lamps, coffee tables, bedside tables)
- Large pieces of furniture (such as beds, benches, sofas)
The world market is growing rapidly and is expected to continue to expand in the coming years. Growth is fuelled in particular by the increasing rate of urbanization and by global growth driven by developing countries.
In Portugal, it is the real estate boom that drives this market with successive increases in activity since 2014. Not only are new properties being built, but many are being renovated and refurbished converted into short-term accommodation (Airbnb, Booking, etc.), thanks in particular to the increase in tourism in Portugal and the need to have a differentiated offer in this area. Among the emerging trends, there is a growing demand for the use of materials with limited environmental impact in home decoration.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months