1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The casino market refers to the operation of casinos, which are open to the public and dedicated to table games and slot machines, but which also offer other activities (accommodation, catering, shows, events). Casino gambling is a sub-segment of the gambling sector which also includes Française des Jeux and Pari Mutuel Urbain in France.
Over the last decade, the regulatory context for gambling has profoundly changed and casinos are now strictly controlled. In addition, the economic slowdown due to the Covid-19 epidemic and measures to contain it have affected the sector and strengthened the development of online casino gambling, which is the main competition for casinos. The latter are therefore seeking to diversify their offer and improve the customer experience.
The global casino gaming market was worth $521.6 billion in 2019, including online gaming. In 2017, casinos accounted for 26% of global gaming revenues, with betting leading the way at 37%.
As for France, it is the European leader in the casino market, with around 200 establishments registered on its territory. While this figure has remained stable for several years, the gross gaming product (share of bets pocketed by gaming companies) of French casinos grew by 4.88% during their 2018-2019 financial year, up to 2.4 billion euros, the fifth consecutive annual increase, which is also the highest in 17 years. [economie.gouv]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The casino market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages