1.1 Definition and presentation
The market for website development includes services for the creation and improvement of websites. The scope of professionals included in this industry range from web development itself to graphic identity design, improving the user experience in general, and database security. As of January 2020, there were 1.3 billion websites worldwide. [mill] Moreover, 48% of respondent in a survey by Techjury cited a website’s design is the primary factor subject to judgment of credibility.
Currently, there are two main types of service providers active on the website development market:
- Website hosts, who offer various options ranging from shared hosting (cheap) to so-called "turnkey" hosting, which allows a company to keep control over the content of its website;
- Web agencies, which are part of a communication group or independent firm. They target customers in all sectors and offer a variety of services tailored to the size and needs of companies. They rely primarily on their expertise in terms of digital communication and marketing.
The global market is set to grow at a rapid pace as internet usage increases and online services gain in importance.
In the UK, the market is highly fragmented, and around 10,000 firms operate where most of them are one- or two-man bands.[MWS] Moreover, in the UK, web development is growing strongly and has done so for the last couple of years thanks to increased broadband penetration, wider smartphone usage, and a larger internet usage in general. Going forward, this trend is set to continue as online services are increasing. Nevertheless, there is increased competition from countries especially in Asia, offering services at a lower price.
Reputable firms in the UK include DCSL Software, Ready 4s, Netsells Group, Intelivita, and CSI Media amongst others.
Going forward, particular attention will be paid to the development of website creation by companies which is done based on the success of e-commerce and the development of the Internet on mobiles. [MR]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages