1.1 Definition and scope of study
A cosmetic product is defined as a product intended to come into contact with the surface parts of the human body in order to cleanse, perfume, modify the appearance, or protect the skin. Cosmetics for men are adapted to the specificities and needs of the skin and the male body.
The men's cosmetics market can be divided into several segments
- Products hygienic (shower gel, shampoo, deodorant);
- Products nursing (shaving foam, aftershave, body cream);
- Products beautiful (perfume, makeup).
The men's cosmetics segment accounts for about a quarter of the global cosmetics market. Europe is the main market for men's cosmetics, ahead of Latin America and North America. France is the first European exporter and the second European market behind Germany.
The types of products used by men are more and more varied and are no longer limited to simple shower gels, deodorants or shampoos . New brands i nvestment in this promising segment, offering a dedicated offer adapted to the male customer base, which is also benefiting from the growth in online sales. The product offering is therefore increasingly complex and the men's cosmetics segment is no exception to this the organic trend . Male make-up is also developing all over the world.
Beauty products already attract a large percentage of the Portuguese male population According to L'Oréal Portugal, 75% of Portuguese men use beauty products . Even with a very competitive market, marked by the presence of major players, there is still plenty of room for growth. Indeed, 64% of these men still use unisex ranges, which leaves room for new entrants who want to explore the universe of cosmetic products intended exclusively for men Exclusively male brands account for only 10% of the beauty market in Portugal.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) PT - Portugal
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Portuguese catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The men's cosmetics market - France
Publicado en 03/11/2021 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Interessant, Mériterait un focus sur les nouveaux acteurs.
Hello, Thank you very much for this grade. :)