Turnover: 1.584 billion EUR (2019)

Country: Italy

The Italian company Artsana was founded in 1964. Originally, it was a sales outlet for medical products. In 1958, the company developed the Chicco range of children's products.

The Artsana Group is organized into 21 subsidiaries, 12 of which are in Europe. Its main activity remains the sale of baby products, which represented 87% of its sales in 2016. Medical products account for the remaining 13%.

Production units are located in Italy.

The group employs 5,000 people

In France, Artsana is the 7th largest seller of children's diapers with1,4%market share [Euromonitor].

Financial Data

DUNS: 300882032

Legal Name: ARTSANA FRANCE

Address: 17 AVENUE DE LA METALLURGIE 17 A 19, 93200 SAINT-DENIS

Number of employees: Entre 20 et 49 salariés (2021)

Capital: 3 160 000 EUR


Financial Data:

Year 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015
Turnover 28 450 067 30 579 503 31 483 155 33 991 402 34 473 242 41 514 296 41 652 744 -
Gross margin (€) 9 503 418 11 227 882 11 307 586 12 696 438 13 891 721 17 344 960 16 590 335 -
EBITDA (€) -1 725 546 -707 035 -348 017 -356 737 -1 042 839 -22 657 773 726 -
Operating profit (€) -1 804 529 -843 997 -424 488 -416 436 -1 274 691 -46 937 643 807 -
Net profit (€) -1 901 145 -1 040 502 -564 261 -602 950 1 019 406 -138 344 428 425 -
Turnover growth rate (%) -7 -2,9 -7,4 -1,4 -17 -0,3 - -
Ebitda margin rate (%) -6,1 -2,3 -1,1 -1 -3 -0,1 1,9 -
Operating margin rate (%) -6,3 -2,8 -1,3 -1,2 -3,7 -0,1 1,5 -
Working Capital (turnover days) -17,4 17,6 24,2 28,7 46,2 19,2 22 -
Working Capital requirements (turnover days) -3,7 3,7 -3 12,4 2,9 15,7 18,6 -
Net margin (%) -6,7 -3,4 -1,8 -1,8 3 -0,3 1 -
Added value / Turnover (%) 3,8 6,6 8,3 7,6 8,1 11,1 12,7 -
Wages and social charges (€) 2 560 305 2 502 726 2 528 501 2 677 003 3 391 640 4 026 776 4 069 623 -
Salaries / Turnover (%) 9 8,2 8 7,9 9,8 9,7 9,8 -

Company Managers:

Position First Name Last Name Age Linkedin
Président Paolo Fietta 56
Administrateur Corrado, Angelo Colombo 52
Administrateur Alvaro Rivera D'checo 57

Studies mentioning this company

The car seat market - France

Other companies mentioned:

  • Forvia (ex Faurecia)
  • Lear
  • Recaro
  • Antolin Grupo
  • Graco
  • Britax Puriculture
  • TeamTex
  • Newell Brands
  • Goodbaby International
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)
  • Diono
  • Maxi-Cosi (Dorel Groupe)
  • Outlander Joie baby
The diaper market - France

Other companies mentioned:

  • Essity
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)
  • Ontex
  • Kimberly-Clark
  • Auchan groupe
  • Love & Green
  • BB Distribe
  • Cellulose de Brocéliande
  • Lillydoo
  • Tiniloo
  • Poupiz
  • Naturopera
  • Joone
  • Lemoine Groupe
  • Havea Groupe Biolane
  • Petites Culottées
  • Dans Ma Culotte
  • Fibre Excellence (Groupe Paper Excellence)
The market of hygiene and care for children - Italy

Other companies mentioned:

  • Carrefour Italia
  • Coop
  • Esselunga s.p.a
  • Medi-Market
  • Farmaè
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)
  • Mylan Italia S.r.l. (Babygella)
  • Trudi S.p.A (Trudi Baby Care)
The stroller market - France

Other companies mentioned:

  • Bébé Confort
  • Bambisol
  • Aubert
  • Allo bébé
  • Leboncoin (Adevinta Group)
  • Outlander Joie baby
  • Autour de Bébé
  • Bébé 9
  • LDLC Groupe
  • Bugaboo
  • Graco
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)
  • Babyhuys
  • Cybex (Goddbaby International)
  • Maxi-Cosi (Dorel Groupe)
  • Quinny
  • Babymoov
  • Costway
  • Smyths Toys
  • Yoyo Babizen
The nipple and bottle market - France

Other companies mentioned:

  • Allo bébé
  • Aubert
  • Mayborn France
  • Bébé 9
  • Philips
  • Autour de Bébé
  • Bébé Confort
  • Bébé Confort
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)
The children's clothing market - Spain

Other companies mentioned:

  • Inditex groupe (Zara)
  • Inditex groupe (Zara)
  • H&M Groupe
  • Nike
  • Adidas
  • LVMH Groupe
  • Artsana Groupe (Chicco)