The virtual reality comes from the English "Virtual reality", an expression introduced by VPL Research's co-founder, Jaron Lanier, in the 1980s . It refers to "all the techniques and systems that give man the feeling of entering synthetic universes, of diving into an encompassing virtual world where he can walk his eyes, move around and interact"
It is important to distinguish between virtual reality and augmented reality (consisting in visually enriching reality with information generated by a dedicated accessory). Other categories differ from virtual reality: the 360° video recording (image of the real filmed in 360°) and the "image of the real" mixed reality ", halfway between virtual reality and augmented reality
The virtual reality market therefore brings together the different elements that allow you to immerse yourself in this virtual world:
- software products
- applications and video games
- distribution platforms digital
The global market for virtual reality and augmented reality is fast-growing as in the United Kingdom. It is one of the leading markets for the development of virtual reality in Europe . It is also a very important market for video games, simulating the various possible synergies
The virtual reality sector stimulates the creation of dedicated content and this segment accounts for a major share of the sector's turnover in the United Kingdom. But the sector is still in expansion and displays a growth potential relatively important. The technology has not been not yet truly democratized
The virtual reality market attracts many start-ups and private funds eager to invest in an industry with a bright future. The market is characterized by the development of innovations and experimentation, but also by a already strong competition
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) UK - United Kingdom
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our UK catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver