the toothpaste market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Toothpaste is a paste, gel or abrasive and antiseptic powder to clean teeth using a toothbrush. Its primary purposes include health and aesthetics. The toothpaste market is a sub-segment of the oral hygiene market, which in turn is included in the segment of the hygiene and cosmetics market.
The global toothpaste market is a relatively mature but growing market where dynamism is driven by innovation and product renewal. The UK market is also growing, however there is scope for stronger figures; prnewswire reports that while consumption of toothbrushes & replacement heads in the UK is high, 16% of early young adults and 12% of older young adults are non-users.
Moreover, the British market is largely dominated by leading brands owned by large groups and where sales are in principle made in supermarkets (hyper and supermarkets). The most sold brands include Crest, Sensodyne, and Colgate.
Several trends currently prevail in the UK market; for example, the rise in consciousness of oral health has helped vendors introduce oral hygiene product categories, like teeth-whitening products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months