The cement market comprises the production, distribution and sale of this building material. Cement is used in various segments such as residential construction, non-residential construction and various infrastructures. There are several types of cements such as:
- Portland cement: clinker (mixture of clay and limestone that has been heated) ground into fine powder that is mixed with gypsum and other additives.
- Aluminate cement: made from materials containing alumina and resistant to acids and sulfates, ideal for industrial applications.
- Rapid cement: water-based and hardens quickly, ideal for emergency repairs.
Globally, the cement market is largely dominated by Asia, which accounts for over 60% of total consumption. In addition, emerging economies such as India and China are the main drivers of global demand due to the growth of their infrastructure and housing construction in cities. The CAGR of the cement market is about 5%. By way of comparison, around 150,000 kilograms of cementare processed worldwide every second.
In Germany, the cement market is mature and established, with annual production of around 30 million tons. However, demand for cement in Germany is strongly influenced by public infrastructure projects and residential construction. The German cement industry is also characterized by high environmental standards and, in particular, growing demand for more environmentally friendly cement types. Typical customers in the German cement market include construction companies, real estate developers and public institutions.
There are several companies operating in this market, the main ones being:
- Schwenk Cement
Many companies are investing in the research and development of cements with a low carbon footprint, such as geopolymer cements. Developments in this market reflect environmental concerns and the changing needs of customers and regulators. New forms of cement, such as those based on industrial or agricultural waste, are gaining popularity due to their lower environmental impact.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) DE - Germany
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our German catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
Tailor-made report pack (de) - Germany
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.