the estate agency market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Real Estate Agencies are intermediaries in the housing market which facilitate the reconciliation between supply and demand. Real estate agents oversee negotiations between sellers and buyers or owners and tenants with the primary goal of erasing asymmetry and enable market equilibrium.
Real estate agencies act for two types of clients:
- Residential customers: the majority of real estate agencies are dedicated to individuals looking to buy or rent houses, land or garages in urban and rural areas.
- Commercial customers: a minority (less than 10%) of real estate agents are focused on the search and match of commercial real estate - offices, industrial land, factories and warehouses or shops.
In 2018, Asia Pacific accounted for 54% of the global market. North America was the second largest region accounting for 23%.In the UK, those fees vary from 2 to 3.5%. [GPG] This fee is highly dependent on real estate transactions; the UK Gov reports that since 2007 transactions have been stable in the UK, with slightly over 100,000 registered in 2019.
The UK market is highly competitive; the role of independent real estate agents is gradually decreasing in favor of franchises, which are better distributed and more visible. Moreover, margins are under constant pressure; online property companies charge a fee for Real Estate Agents to list their properties online.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months