Driving schools support their customers in the theoretical and practical training necessary to drive a motor vehicle. The theory exam consists of approximately 50 questions on the traffic regulations and the practical test is validated by an examiner after a minimum of 20 hours of driving course. The candidate must also undergo first aid training beforehand.
There are many types of driving licences, including
- the B licence authorising the driving of cars ;
- the A permit - motorcycles;
- the C permit - trucks;
- permit D - bus, coach.
The Belgian automotive market seems to be in good health since the number of registrations is up slightly
However, obtaining a driving licence does not follow the same trajectory. We observe a increasing the age at which a driver's licence can be obtained, since fewer and fewer young people get it before their 20th birthday and more and more people drop it between the ages of 20 and 30. Many young people wait until they have finished their studies or obtain a job before they can take their driving licence and, in the process, acquire a vehicle.
This trend is also explained by the higher insurance prices for young drivers, but also by the development of public transport of large urban areas. The need to get a driver's licence seems less urgent and necessary. Finally, we can also mention the sensitivity to environmental issues which again encourages people to use public transport instead of buying a car
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages