Bioplastics cover agrosourced or agroplastic plastics from renewable resources such as corn, sweet potato, wheat, sugar cane or castor oil. The term "bioplastic" also refers to biodegradable plastics including plastics from petrochemical reactions
It is possible to use bioplastics at the same time during manufacture:
- d’ disposable items
- d’ non-disposable items (example: mobile phone boxes). Indeed, the use of bioplastics reduces greenhouse gas emissions during the production process.
The bioplastic applications are numerous . Examples include: food packaging, bags, agriculture, disposable products, hygiene and cosmetic products, the automotive sector
The global bioplastics production capacities are growing and are expected to continue to grow in the coming years, with packaging being the main market. The bioplastics market is becoming increasingly attractive the food giants fond of more environmentally friendly production methods
However, the production of bioplastics faces two major criticisms. First, competition with the food sector, given the origin of the products used to produce it, and then the enormous need for water and arable land
The Belgian bioplastics market is based in particular on an increasingly environmentally conscious consumer base even if bioplastics still suffers from a lack of notoriety. Hence the importance of labels which make it possible to communicate and certify the reliability of products and thus gain the confidence of these consumers
The bioplastics sector is also driven by the research and development and the different innovations for increasingly diverse applications such as water-soluble thermoplastic
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 3 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The organic waste recycling market - France
Publicado en 10/03/2022 by Rose Marie Carvennec - Eiffage
"I find this study synthetic and to the point. However, a more detailed section on the development trends in the sector with the emergence of biomass, CSR, etc. would be welcome Finally, I am surprised by the absence of VEOLIA in the actors section