1.1 Definition and scope of study
The first findings of locks appeared in ancient Egypt over 3000 years ago, then among the Romans with metal locks, but the first "modern" locks appeared during the reign of Louis XVI also called the king of blacksmiths. He promoted this art, especially in Picardy and more specifically in Vimeu with modern locks similar to those we know today.
This study will focus on two distinct activities :
- Locks and accessories manufacturers
- Carpentry work (armouring of external doors, assembly of fire doors, etc...)
The global access control market is growing, driven by the development of new wireless security technologies and systems. The US market, the leading producer of metal locks and hinges, is growing and is expected to continue doing so in the coming years. The industry depends to a large extent on several factors, including the market for new buildings, doors and windows and the feeling of insecurity.
As in many places in the world, the locksmith's market in Brazil has a substantial correlation with the civil construction sector, mainly in relation to services directed to legal entities. With the construction market currently in the recovery phase, the forecast of the Brazilian Chamber of Construction Industry (CBIC) is of full expansion, since only in the first half of 2019 civil construction advanced 2.3%. With regard to services aimed at individuals, the locksmith industry is mainly driven by small residential reforms. According to the National Association of Building Material Merchants (Anamaco), the retail of building material advanced 6.5% only in 2018, with growth forecast for the coming years. In summary, the positive results of these two sectors tend to boost the locksmith market. However, in a highly fragmented market with several small players, the competition is fierce. Investment in innovation and use of high technology is a great opportunity for new and old players to stand out and gain market share.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages