1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Express transport refers to the door-to-door delivery of goods within the country or abroad, in a shorter period of time than conventional transport, by land, sea, air or rail.
There are three categories of delivery based on delivery time :
- Traditional mail, which undertakes to deliver packages between 24 and 72 hours
- Express mail: the package is picked up before 6PM for delivery on D+1 before 6PM
- Express transport: requires shorter delivery times and is usually done before 12:00 with collection the night before. It ensures the respect of deadlines, real-time monitoring of shipment routing and complete management of administrative and customs formalities.
However, the difference between express mail and express transport remains small and express mail can sometimes be integrated into express transport. The global mail market is growing and is expected to develop further in the coming years. The express segment is also growing, driven by dynamic B2B flows and the growth of e-commerce.
The delivery market in Brazil is mostly dominated by the federal government's mail service, which is responsible for delivery services to 88.6% of the country's virtual stores [Brazilian Electronic Commerce Association]. Only the state-owned company delivers to all Brazilian cities, while other carriers are concentrated in large urban centers. This occurs mainly due to the continental size of the country plus the lack of infrastructure that makes transport to certain smaller locations more expensive. Even so, other national and international players such as Jadlog, Total Express, Transfolha, DHL, Shippify and Loggi also operate in the Brazilian market. Recently, sectors of society have been discussing a possible proposal for the privatization of the post office, as well as a new regulation for the delivery sector. In this context, new and old players should be aware of these possible changes, in order to better adapt to the new market patterns.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages