the baggage market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Baggage is a means of equipment which is used for storage purposes. Although used in synonym with luggage, baggage has a wider scope of meaning, and can include items such as travel baggage, casual luggage, business luggage, and sport luggage amongst others.
The global market has seen strong positive growth; CAGR was 4.49% from 2013 to 2018.
The UK market is fragmented and there is a large supply of local and international manufacturers. Moreover, the product range is large, and include for example duffle bags, backpacks, and trolley bags. Key players include Adidas, LVMH Moët Hennessey Louis Vuitton, Samsonite, VIP, and NIKE.
Market growth is strongly correlated to tourism figures. The outlook for this sector is positive and boosted by an increased demand from Emerging Economies; indeed, Eurostat reports that international tourist arrivals to EU-28 will grow by 2.1% per year on average until 2025. The APAC region is projected to drive this demand. The luggage industry should benefit from the rising number of travel abroad. Consumers in the UK go abroad more often during the year; in 2014, the average UK consumer went on holidays 1.2 times per year. In 2019, it went up to 1.9. [ABTA]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months