Turnover: 26.013 billion USD (2021)
Country: United States
- Manufacturer of American cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, smokeless tobacco
- Holds a 10% stake in the Ansheuser Bush Inbev beer group
- One of the world's leading cigarette manufacturers
Altria spends US$2.75 billion on Njoy electronic cigarettes. 07/03/2023
- Takeover of e-cigarette manufacturer Njoy
- Altria has exchanged its 35% stake in Juul, for which it paid $12.8 billion at the end of 2018, for the right to use some of its technologies on heated tobacco devices.
- Juul once enjoyed phenomenal success with its USB-key-shaped vaporettes
- Regulatory uncertainties over the future of e-cigarettes in the United States
- Altria estimates that its stake was worth only $250 million
Marlboro boss wants electronic cigarettes to be 26/07/2021
- Cigarette ban in 2030 in some countries.
- Countries ready to take the plunge include the United Kingdom and Japan.
- The tobacco giant is now turning its attention to the medical sector, as well as to less harmful solutions such as electronic cigarettes.
Studies mentioning this company
Other companies mentioned:
- British American Tobacco
- Philip Morris International
- Japan Tobacco
- Imperial Brands
- Kumulus Vape
- Altria (Philip Morris USA, Malboro)
- Maison de la Presse - Mag Presse
- Logista France (Altria)
- Altadis (Imperial tobacco)
- JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
- Republic Technologies
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group
- Arnold André